Cooperativa Operai Cavatori
del Botticino Soc. Coop.
The history of the Cooperativa Operai Cavatori del Botticino began on October 27, 1932 through a clause in the contract of mandate of the quarries owned by the municipality of Botticino, which provided the opportunity to cultivate a small area by a cooperative of 9 Botticino worker-shareholders.
In 1982, after 50 years and with the acquisition of 3 quarry units, the cooperative became a prominent reality in the Brescia area.
In the subsequent years, a development process was begun that lead the cooperative to follow the entire marble production cycle. The construction of the headquarters, and the tile and slab manufacturing plants are stages in this growth process that today allows the cooperative’s members to make use of every Botticino Classico processing phase. In 2005, the Cooperativa Operai Cavatori del Botticino, co-founder of the Consortium of Botticino Classico Marble Producers, participated in the registration of the mark of origin “Marmo Botticino Classico”.
The processing yards are currently an example of high technology applied to the stone industry. The transformation of the product coming from the quarry occurs through the use of saw blades, block cutters, diamond frames, cutters, a tile production line, a resining line and a line for slab polishing, which are all of a very advanced design and ensure that the products have a high precision and superior quality. All movement is automated thanks to mechanical loaders and unloaders, which are a guarantee of functionality, safety in the workplace, and high productivity.
Thanks to its constant commitment in the care for quality, for safety and for the environment, as acknowledgement of efforts made in improving the whole production system, in 2016 Cooperativa Operai Cavatori del “Botticino” was audited and found to be in accordance, for each of its three operative units, with the requirements of the management system standard ISO 45001, ISO 9001, ISO 14001.